Thursday 24 May 2012

I am being targeted, says Jagan Reddy

                                                                            
Hyderabad: The beleaguered Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on Thursday alleged that he was being targeted by the ruling Congress in collusion with the Telugu Desam Party and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).

Talking to reporters, the YSR Congress chief said, “I am being targeted by the ruling Congress, which has colluded with other political parties and the CBI to implicate me in false cases.”

Kadapa MP also reiterated that a conspiracy was being hatched against him by the Congress and his political opponents to isolate him and end his political career.

“The CBI has been working at the behest of the ruling Congress to implicate me in the (disproportionate assets) case from the very beginning," he alleged.

The YSR chief also lamented that he has not got any response from the Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh regarding his letter, which he wrote sometimes back, seeking his intervention to save him from the conspiracy hatched by the Congress, TDP and the CBI.

However, he made an earnest appeal to all his supporters to remain quiet and not to react to the alleged harassment of their leader.

“I have got huge support in Andhra Pradesh, where people support me immensely. I want to appeal to them to maintain law and order and not to react to the treatment being meted to me by the Congress government. Our top priority at this juncture is to ensure that by-elections are held as per schedule in the state on June 12 in a free and fair manner.”

When asked to respond on what basis he was making allegations against Congress and the CBI he said, “The way CBI has acted against me, the kind of harassment I have faced and the manner in which a conspiracy is being hatched to send me to jail is enough for me to reach a conclusion that I am being targeted.”

“If by-elections are not held as per schedule, only I will be the biggest loser as my party is fielding candidates for all 18 constituencies which will vote. In that case, they (his political opponents) will be the biggest gainer that is why I want the elections to take place so that everyone will know who has got people’s support. We will win the polls, and that's what the Congress fears," he added.

The reactions from the Kadapa MP came days after he alleged that Congress in collusion with the TDP and the CBI was targeting him and sought Prime Minister’s help in this regard.

The CBI alleges that Jagan was able to build his colossal empire worth Rs 365 crores because of his father’s position as chief minister that helped him to pressure companies to invest in his firms.

However, Jagan refutes such charges and alleges that the Centre has misused CBI against him in the assets case.
from Zee News

No comments: